STRUCTURAL ACRYLIC ADHESIVES
Adhesives can be used to replace welding, brazing, riveting or mechanical fastenings - this makes production processes a lot easier and cost-effective. Bonding with adhesive can also improve the component appearance and performance (better stress distribution and no damage to the substrates).
• Aircraft parts (TA4246 is aerospace approved)
• Automotive exterior components
• Lifts, stairlifts, stairs & walkways
• Sign bonding, point of sale and shopfitting
• Bus, train, tram interiors
• Vehicle conversions, campervans
• Magnet/ferrite bonding electric motors
• Loudspeaker component bonding
• Adhesives cure at room temperature
• Quick curing (seconds-minutes)
• Very high shear, peel and impact strength
• Easy to use
• Can be applied by hand or by automated dispensing equipment for high speed production line
IDEAL FOR BONDING
• Steel, aluminium, zinc and other metal alloys
• Composites such as GRP, FRP and carbon fibre
• Magnets and ferrites
• Most plastics
• Wood, laminate
• Glass (selected products)
POLYOLEFIN BONDING ADHESIVES
These amazing products will bond untreated polypropylene and polyethylene substrates - no need for hazardous primers or expensive pre-treatments. They can be used to bond a wide variety of other materials too. Products are available in cartridges or bulk and are 1:1 mix ratio.
Permabond® TA4610 - Medium cure
Permabond® TA4611 - Medium cure, no spacer beads for smaller gaps
MMA STRUCTURAL ADHESIVES
Permabond® TA4207 is exceptionally high strength on metals, composites and most plastics. It’s unique formula allows high strength bonding through surface oxide layers and oily surfaces with little or no surface preparation, providing great performance for minimal effort!
NEW Permabond® TA4207 features:
- Multi purpose, fast cure MMA.
- Very high strength on stainless steel, steel, aluminium, galvanised zinc & plastics
- High strength on hot-dip galvanised steel,electro plated zinc and carbon fibre,
- Little or no surface prep required
- High temperature resistance
- Excellent environmental resistance
MMA (Methyl Methacrylate) adhesives offer the ultimate in shear and peel strength performance, coupled with a high speed cure and rapid strength development.
Permabond® TA4200 features:
- Good gap fill
- Ideal for bonding metals, plastics and composites
- Handling time 15-20 minutes
- Popular pink & green rapid curing acrylic
- Ultra-high peel strength performance
- Handling strength in 5-10 minutes.
- Can be used with or without mixing nozzles.
Permabond® TA4204 features:
- Crystal clear
- Ideal for bonding clear Perspex, acrylic or polycarbonate displays.
- Offers a high quality finish and a quick cure time.
- Handling strength in 5-10 minutes.
Permabond® TA4210 A slower curing version with handling strength in 30-35 minutes.
Permabond® TA4246 Resin+brush on initiator, aerospace approved.
- Fast cure at room temperature
- Excellent impact strength
- Very high shear and peel strength
- Good chemical resistance
Non-MMA Structural Adhesives
For those requiring structural adhesives without using MMA in the formulation, Permabond have a wide range of products to choose from, with many different capabilities to suit your application.
Permabond® TA437 features:
- Single part, resists up to 200°C
- Designed primarily for bonding metals, ferrites and ceramics.
- Typical fixture time when used with Initiator 41 is 20-30 secs.
- Ideal adhesive for high speed production lines.
- Can cure anaerobically if initiator not desireable, fixture time 5-10mins.
- High strength, tough, durable bonds
- Good impact resistance.
Permabond® TA430 - Resin+brush on initiator, low viscosity
Permabond® TA435 - Higher viscosity version of TA430
Permabond® TA452 - Low odour 1:1 mix ratio for bonding metals
Permabond® TA4592 - 2-Part rapid cure - use with external mix equipment